The family business Pacapime is one of the largest producers of corrugated cardboard in Belgium and the company creates numerous applications with this material.
The ready-to-use packaging is especially popular in the food sector, but offers unlimited possibilities. With the slogan “Our corrugated board packs everything”, Pacapime does not sell air, because the company has proven for more than 100 years that it is one of the market leaders in its sector.
The company is known for its proven product quality and its very flexible attitude towards the customer. For a better picture, see www.pacapime.be.
We are looking for a passionate R&D manager. You will end up in a dynamic environment with improvement potential and the opportunity to leave your mark.
Purpose of the position
Your main task as R&D manager is to research and offer the optimal corrugated packaging to the customer. You lead the CAD/CAM team and you work very closely with the commercial service and production.
In addition to this daily business, you implement various improvement projects
- Directly lead, coach, motivate and organize the CAD/CAM team (1 graphic and 1 technical draftsman)
- Sending and following up study requests, from customer demand to implementation in production
- Together with your team you support (pro-)actively operations, more specifically when it comes to clichés, molds and the ink kitchen.
- In case of quality problems, you roll up your sleeves and together with operations you look for the root cause and solve it in a team. You will process the knowledge gained during this in future study applications.
- Organizing and analyzing quality tests, both in our own lab and externally
- Organizing samples for customers (own plotter)
- Defining and converting Value Analysis/Value Engineering opportunities
- You take the necessary initiatives to follow up on innovations in the market and you implement them at Pacapime
- You further expand our knowledge center (paper, mold and cliché technology…)
- Commercial service (internal and external)
- Production planning
- Various inspection bodies
Qualification Criteria & Job Requirements
- You are a team player, you are a good communicator and you treat your colleagues with respect
- At least a bachelor’s degree in product development or equivalent through experience
- Experience in the paper, cardboard or printing industry is of great advantage
- Informative knowledge of software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Packdesign, MS Office
- Of course you are creative and you also think out of the box
- You have a hands-on and no-nonsense mentality
- A critical but positive attitude and great sense of initiative to improve processes are a must
- you take responsibility for your actions
- bilingual, both spoken and written: Dutch and French
For more information about the content of this vacancy and for your candidacy, please do not hesitate to contact Carlos Defreyne via email@example.com.